The clubHB is a brainchild of Chrisbo Medical Centre. Dr. Mrs. Bose Ola was tremendously involved in the now defunct Sickle Cell Club of Adeoyo Hospital, Ring Road, Ibadan. Even though Sickle Cell Club is no more, her experience of seeing what sicklers live through touched her heart. She provided care, solace and hope to sickle cell patients and believes this role should be continual.
A brief history
Sickle cell disease or sickle cell anaemia is a hereditary blood disorder which is characterized by red blood cells that assume an abnormal, rigid and sickle shape. This decreases the cells flexibility, resulting in a risk of various life threatening complications. Sicklers have a life expectancy of about 45 years of age but with the right medical treatment and by the Grace of God, nothing is impossible.
Club HB is a non-profit organisation which renders free medical services to sickle cell patients.
We aim to:
- To alienate the negative impact that sickle cells imposes on its carrier.
- To enlighten and empower patients and their relatives with basic health education including seminars and conferences on their condition.
- To establish a wellness clinic that will carry out routine clinical examinations and qualitative medical research pertaining sicklers.
- To ease the burden of constraints on patients. Example: Financial constraints, which limit access to quality health.
- To provide a longer and healthier lifespan of sicklers.
- To contribute our own quota to the development of community healthcare in Nigeria.
- To be a force to reckon with in the provision of qualitative healthcare for sicklers in our immediate environment.
- To provide easy access to medical attention at times of sickle cell crisis.
- To provide quality healthcare as required by members and clients at any given point in time.
- We hope to assist our clients and patients in achieving their career and occupational dreams by awarding scholarship or sponsorship.
- To partner with individuals, companies corporate bodies and other NGO’s is the above aims and objectives.
The club is open for all sicklers. Please call us to receive more information on the services we provide.